- CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Mathey Dearman's revolutionary MagnaCut XM enables the welder and pipefitter to cut, bevel, and even weld steel pipe and steel plate without having to secure the machine to the work surface by means of chains, clamps, or any other device. The secret is in the MagnaCut’s magnetic wheels that secure the machine to the surface with 300lbs of pull. Inside the wheels are rare-earth magnets, the strongest permanent magnets made.
The MagnaCut XM is an excellent choice when cutting a variety of sizes and thicknesses of pipe and plate. It will cut materials with wall thicknesses from .280” (7mm) to 3" (76mm) using either a plasma or an oxy/acetylene cutting torch. When cutting steel plate, the use of a 1”x 1” x 1/8" angle iron as a guide strip ensures perfectly straight tracking.
In addition, the remotely-operated motor control box allows the machine to cut in hard-to-reach locations such as overhead pipes and vertical walls.
Even on pipe or plate with coating material up to .015 (.4mm) thick, the MagnaCut XM tracks straight, and the torch-to-work surface distance is held constant.
Welding with the MagnaCut XM
Many companies have gained a decisive advantage by using the MagnaCut XM as a tractor for a machine welding torch for long tedious horizontal stringer welds.
The machine is available with a rack adjustable torch holder for a 1 3/8 inch (35mm) machine torch with 32 pitch or a metric torch rack.
The MagnaCut XM can propel the welding torch at speeds from 2" to 40" (51mm to 1016mm) per minute depending on the welding source, gas mixture, and deposition rate.
• MINIMUM SET-UP TIME—just set the distance between the torch tip and the work surface
• VERSATILE—cuts pipe, plate, walls and overheads
• SAFE—Speed and direction of both machine and torch arm speed are remotely controlled
• AMAZING HOLDING POWER—strong rare-earth magnets hold fast to any magnetic receptive surface with coating up to
.015" (.4mm) thick.
• FAST—Up to 80% faster than cutting by hand.
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING MAY VOID WARRANTY
1. The MagnaCut XM should not be used on heavy wall pipe or plate thicker than 3" (76mm).
2. The MagnaCut XM is not designed for use with 1 3/4" (44mm) or 2 ½" (64mm) barrel Plasma torches.
3. ALWAYS SECURE the machine to the pipe with a safety strap.
4. Mathey Dearman should be contacted prior to attempting any application not listed in the catalog.
5. MagnaCut XM is not designed for cutting spiral welded pipe.
MAGNACUT XM MOTOR CONTROL BOX
MAGNACUT XM and ACCESSORIES
|Custom Stock Status||/ Ships via Truck|
|Product Includes||MagnaCut XM Includes:
Motor Control Box
Electric Torch Arm
74inches / 1880mm long Safety Strap for up to 24 inches / 610mm pipe
Two (2) Snap Hooks
Parts and Operating Manual.
NOT INCLUDED: Machine Cutting Torch
|More Brands||Mathey Dearman|
|Optional Accessories||1 3/8" / 35mm Torch Holder with 32 Pitch Pinion - 05.0510.117
1 3/8" / 35mm Torch Holder with Metric Pinion - 05.0510.117E
120 vac Motor Control Box - 05.0550.110
Fuse, 3 amp Time Delay - 05.0550.038
240-120 vac Step-Down Transformer - 01.0759.008
12' / 3.7mt Extension Cord - 05.0550.014
24 vdc Torch Arm Motor - 05.0550.055
100 vdc Drive Motor - 05.0550.016
Snap Hook (2 required) - 05.0550.035
Safety Cable, 24" / 610mm Diameter - 05.0550.052
Plasma Adapter, Customer Supplied Torch - 05.0510.301
Plasma Adapter, Elevates MagnaCut Torch Holder - 05.0510.302
Leather Sheath - 05.0550SLV
MAGNACUT XM GUIDE STRIPS PIPE DIAMETER (IN / MM)
18 / 457 - 05.0550.218
20 / 508 - 05.0550.220
24 / 610 - 05.0550.224
28 / 711 - 05.0550.228
30 / 762 - 05.0550.230
32 / 813 - 05.0550.232
36 / 914 - 05.0550.236
42 / 1076 - 05.0550.242
48 / 1219 - 05.0550.248
Manufacturer: Lincoln ElectricSKU: CF000076
Manufacturer: Harrington HoistSKU: CF010-20
Manufacturer: Lincoln ElectricSKU: L6872-1
Manufacturer: Lincoln ElectricSKU: M18103-3